NGIV Code of Conduct
Members are selected on qualifications without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age or disability. Members are expected to uphold the following NGIV Code of Ethics:
- I will provide the quality of service at the prices that I have quoted.
- I will be truthful with the members and members of the community.
- I will build goodwill and trust with members and the community.
- I will treat all members with respect and dignity.
- I will promote NGIV in the community and be a positive influence in the group.
- I will live up to the ethical standards of my profession.
“As a professional group of business-people we expect members and guests to conduct themselves as such. Inappropriate and/or unwelcome physical contact will not be tolerated and should be reported to an NGIV Committee Member.”
Examples of SEXUAL HARASSMENT include:
- UNWELCOME SEXUAL ADVANCES
- SUGGESTIVE OR LEWD REMARKS
- UNWANTED HUGS, TOUCHES
- KISSES REQUESTS FOR SEXUAL FAVORS
- RETALIATION FOR COMPLAINING ABOUT SEXUAL HARASSMENT
- DEROGATORY OR PORNOGRAPHIC POSTER, CARTOONS OR DRAWINGS
All code of conduct violations will be reported to a board member.
Code of conduct violations may be addressed by a verbal or written warning and a 30 day probational period.
If the board and oversight committee decides the violation egregious membership may be revoked and no membership fees will be refunded.
- Please be respectful that most guests are visiting the first time and meeting 25. -50 new people. We do a fantastic job of welcoming guests and making them feel comfortable.
- Please do not market your products or services directly to any guests unless they ask you for more details. Proper protocol would be to obtain their information and set a future appointment, remember the main goal is to have the visitors join NGIV and hear everyone’s 10-15 minute presentation.
- Do not invite NGIV guests or members during the meeting to other similar groups (i.e. BNI, Le Tip , Master Networks).
Marketing directly to other members is acceptable and clear professional boundaries exist in the bylaws regarding aggressive marketing to members. One to ones are encouraged. After the initial one to one meeting is conducted, there should NOT be aggressive marketing to them or their circle of influence. Members should want to use and refer your products or services after building a business relationship with you and hearing testimonials. Many members have established, solid relationships with similar business and that must be respected always. If you believe that a member is being overly aggressive, please notify a board member immediately.
- Please focus or inviting guests from categories we do not have or only have 1 or 2 active members.
- Recruiting has been and will continue to be the key to our success.
- We are always looking for quality quests and members from well-regarded business.
- Members are expected to recruit one guest per year.
Membership in Good Standing
- Annually all members will be reviewed for membership eligibility.
- Members may not be in invited to renew their membership if they are not in good standing with our community or NGIV.
- Membership may also be revoked at any time for any reason. Membership dues will not be refunded to any members that are removed from the group.
- Any Guest policy infraction is subject to warning or immediate expulsion.
Facebook / Social Media Policy
- The NGIV Facebook page is intended to be a marketing platform for our members.
- Items to be posted are for members informational purposes. Information includes our weekly speakers, events being conducted or sponsored by members.
- Membership includes optional Facebook posting opportunities of you speaking & posts may have additional costs for members in good standing. Other approved posts per year.
- Additional event posts and boosting may be available. Additional Facebook posting & boosting require an additional fee.
- Facebook is not intended to be used as a product marketing platform. If you are uncertain about this policy, please ask a board member.